This is the quick-thinking boy who prevented his puppy from being strangled on her own collar after the leash got stuck between the elevator doors.
The heroic moment was captured on camera just as Thiago Magalhães, 11, and Milú were about leave to his building for a walk in Goänia, Brazil, last Wednesday.
Milú can be spotted in the video following the boy into the elevator as her leash from the collar dragged on the floor.
Magalhães reached to press the button for the ride before the elevator's doors shut.
The elevator moved within seconds and Milú could be seen being pulled to the elevator's ceiling.
A frightened Magalhães reached for the collar and was dragged with her, too.
Somehow, the boy managed to hold on to the leash and prevent Milú from possibly being choked to death.
They subsequently fell to the ground as the collar broke. Magalhães later requested emergency assistance.